Thursday 26 May 2011

Bouilla-what?


(I know, it's been AGES since I last blogged - apologies. This post has been in my drafts folder for the last few months and I've just gotten around to adding the photos and publishing it)



For my birthday, Suey bought me a gift certificate for cooking classes at the brilliant Jamie Oliver's Recipease.



We both are huge fans of Jamie. He may not be a Michelin star chef, but there's something just utterly lovable about him. And I dare you walk into one of his stores and not come out with a tea-towel, or a garlic press, or an apron.

In our class we would learn how to prepare the classic Provencal French dish - Bouillabaisse, or fish stew.

Upon arrival we were given aprons, clearly not made for short 5'1 Asian girls.

We were also given our complimentary glass of wine.



Perhaps not a good idea when chopping vegetables...



After blitzing through the veggies, trying to devein the shrimp and de-beard the mussels and making quite possibly the best rouille ever, we were left with a pretty kick ass Bouillabaisse.






Don't believe me? Just check out the yummy photos for yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment