Tuesday 23 June 2009

Blog Post #1... (for lack of a better title)

My decision last year to leave my banking job and return back to school was made with much trepidation.  While I was unhappy with where my life was heading at HSBC, I was hesitant to leave the security of a full-time job for unemployment and student life.  Making big decisions has always been hard for me.  I'm the type of person who can spend upwards to 20 minutes in the shampoo aisle of Shoppers trying to decide between Dove or Pantene Pro V.  One might be on sale, but the other donates a proceeds of its sale to a self-esteem fund!  

In the end, I made the leap from lowly banker to a Humber PR student.  Fast forward 10 months and here I am...living in London, UK, working at a travel PR company and learning how to cross the streets of London without getting hit by a car driving on the "wrong" side of the road.  

I really have no direction or theme for this blog.  Mostly I plan to write updates on life here, little tidbits/events/happenings that have caught my attention and want to share.  Knowing me though, much of this blog will focus on my love of food.   For example, the food here really is as horrendous as people have warned me.  However if you're willing to part with your cash, sushi in the food hall of Harrods is surprisingly good.  (My advice, skip out on the green tea...it'll set you back about $5). 

Welcome to my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment