Friday 25 December 2009

Irene's knocked up again but...

Dear reader...

You know when you would sometimes get those letters around Christmas time from family friends or relatives? They would come in the mail, accompanied by the obligatory family portrait, where everyone's wearing matching t-shirts and toothpaste smiles. It didn't matter who the family was, the letters would always have the similar tone of smugness. Everyone was doing exceptionally well, and things were going swimmingly.

My brothers and I used to always joke that we'd send out spoof letters of our own to those families, but instead of boasting about someone's recent softball trophy or science fair award, we'd make comments like 'Irene's knocked up again, but we're happy to announce that she knows who the father is this time..."

Of course we never actually composed and sent out these letters; they never really got further than laughing about them in the kitchen, while my mother would scold us in mock despair and horror. (or maybe that was true horror...)

Anyway, apologies for the severe lack in updating. It's been a whirlwind of holiday stuff and while it's been nice being in my childhood home, surrounded by my entire family, I'm looking forward to going back to London. I actually can't believe my visit is over already, it feels like just yesterday I was getting onto the Heathrow Express and tucking in an overpriced breakfast at the Gordon Ramsay restaurant in Terminal 5.

I would make some sort of New Year's resolution that I'll try to update more regularly, but we both know I'm total rubbish at those. I will however try my best to stay not knocked up (for my mother's sake) and to have as many interesting adventures as possible when I get back to London so that i can share it all with you, my dear reader.

Until then, hope everyone's had a joyful, happy and relaxing holidays.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment