Thursday 21 January 2010

Oh Canada - Oh beer

Went to my first Canadian Expats in London meet up tonight and dragged an American and Swede with me as well. Normally when I get the email alerts I don't bother attending because the locations are typically not central enough for me and I'm not a big enough hockey fan to feign interest for one night.

This night caught my eye though... they were celebrating the introduction of a beer from the Granville Island Brewery - the Winter Ale to be exact - to a local pub in london, right by Bond St.

Ever since my cousin introduced me to this place in Vancouver, I was in love. I'm not a massive beer drinker, but pumpkin ale was so damn good, I still remember it.

Tonight's brew of choice - the celebrated Winter Ale really wasn't that great. In fact, I have to say I didn't like it at all... but it was a novelty, seeing something from back home in Central London.

No comments:

Post a Comment